Get faster return on digital cases
Reduce error with Milling and 3D Printing
Design your prosthesis before print
The Digital Dental Lab
Digital Dentistry is simply utilising dental technologies to perform traditional dental procedures and techniques instead of relying on outdated mechanical or electronic devices. Among the many advantages of going digital in the dental field are better fitting restorations, more diversity and increased speed in restoration techniques, more time efficient solutions at lower cost, and more predictable outcomes.
Frequently Asked Questions
The world of digital dentistry can be vastly different from traditional methods. Digital dentistry uses technologies such as intraoral scanners, Computer-Aided Design to analyse and manipulate digital impressions, and 3D printing to fabricate precise and accurate treatments and prosthodontics for the patient.
Digital radiography/X-rays: Computer-generated imaging creates clearer images, faster, with a lot less radiation and patient discomfort compared to film X-rays, and the resulting images can be magnified. The optical scanners create digital maps of the teeth, dental impressions, digital colour maps for cosmetic colour shading.
Intra-Oral Camera: By creating accurate images of the oral anatomy, the intra-oral camera to see defects in the teeth. Patients can be given more comprehensive instructions for dental hygiene and have a better understanding because they can see where they are to focus.
Cone-beam computed tomography Imaging: The CT scan for dentists, a rotating X-ray provides a three-dimensional view of teeth and oral anatomy, from which surgical guides for implants can be created. Tumours and diseases that have not appeared on traditional X-rays are detectable with this CT technology.
TekScan: The T-Scan can digitally assess bite relationships using a remarkably thin electronic sensor.
Diagnodent: Using sound pulse and laser technology, the diagnodent detects cavities much earlier, which allows dentists to limit the dental decay by beginning immediate treatment.
Dental lasers: Soft tissue lasers allow dentists to work with greater precision – on hard tooth structure and soft gums/issue, for example, and the patient experiences less bleeding and trauma.
The “Wand”: This small and easy-to-handle tool delivers anaesthesia slowly and methodically, making the injections less painful.
Digital dentures: CAD/CAM technology creates permanent digital records that are easy and fast to duplicate should the patient lose or damage the original denture.
Among the many advantages of taking digital moulds when a dental impression is required, some are:
- Increased precision and accuracy by reducing human error in mixing and handling impression materials
- More environmentally friendly by reducing wastage
- More comfortable for patients with a high gag reflex
- Reduces overall time taken by having instantaneous results that can be sent digitally, completely eliminating the time taken to transport impressions to the dental lab.
Digital impressions have revolutionised dentistry by offering a more comfortable, accurate, and efficient alternative to traditional impression-taking methods.
Digital and traditional dentistry differ significantly in their approach, technique, and tools used for procedures. One of the greatest differences in digital dentistry compared to traditional methods is the capacity for treatment planning. By using intraoral scanners and Digital imaging equipment, a dentist can create a step-by-step treatment plan for the patient. By using digital methods, a dentist can show their patient the final outcome of their treatment plan, and can show the various stages that their treatment consists of.
Our laboratory is located in Perth, WA. We have offices situated in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, and Tasmania.
Yes, we can organise the pickup for you at no cost.
Turnaround times vary depending on the item. Your order may take 1-12 working days, excluding weekends and public holidays.
Call 1300 792 990, email email@example.com, or log in to our online portal. You will receive a confirmation email once we organise the pickup.
Table of ContentsHow to Digitally Integrate with Oceanic Dental Laboratory How to Send a Digital File Digital Rebate Terms & Conditions
How do I digitally integrate my scanner with Oceanic Dental Laboratory?
Learn how to link your scanner to Oceanic Dental laboratory so you can begin to submit cases digitally.
How do I Send a Digital File?
Sending a Digital File to us is easy. Read our guide to learn how to send your Digital Files to Oceanic Dental Laboratory.
What types of dental records can be transferred?
Digital dental records can be transferred from any digital dental scanner brand to Oceanic Dental Laboratory, as long as they are saved in the STL format, a file type that is supported by most scanners. When submitting a digital case online, remember to attach supplemental files and photos related to the case.
What are the Advantages of Digital Moulds?
Apart from providing the dentist with the assurance of relying on “tried and true” methods and techniques, or a general hesitation to enter the digital age, traditional dental moulds are easily surpassed by digital moulds.
- Labs prefer virtual impressions because certain information can download directly to milling systems, doing away with stone models, especially stone models, which sometimes demonstrate bubbles and distortion issues.
- There is practically no need to make remakes due to cleaner preparations and highly accurate, better fitting restorations that require minimal adjustment – especially beneficial when dealing with multiple units.
- These advantages result in significant cost savings, both to you and your patient.
Digital Rebate Terms & Conditions
- Rebate is calculated on digital case monthly spend, this excludes aligner and guided surgery casework.
- All scanners are accepted.
- Account must be within trading terms for the rebate to apply.
- Group or individual discounts cannot be used in conjunction with our rebate program.
- The rebate cannot be exchanged for cash, transferable or refundable.
- Rebate will be applied to your account on the consecutive month when you achieve the required spend.
View our Intraoral Scanner Packages from Oceanic Dental Laboratory
Experience a streamlined digital workflow alongside our outstanding tech and customer support.